Air Tycoon 2 Lite
- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2010-12-20
- Current Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 75.20 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sunghan Choi
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
- © 2010 TRADEGAME Lab. All Right Reserved.
Add to Favorite apps
Air Tycoon 2 Lite "Full version is ON SALE 40% OFF"Manage your own airline company in the world.The traditional business simulation game returns with full upgrade - AIR TYCOON 2* Worldwide 110 destinations * 34 airplane models * Passenger…..
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Poor algorithms, good GUI
Airline Freak write:
Not convinced to buy the (expensive) full version because gameplay isn't interesting. Here's why:
1. The whole F/J/Y is a great concept to add, but completely unpredictable. Demand doesn't reflect the Business/ Tourism values for a city (what are those anyway? per day/ week/ proportional?)
2. Even if the Business fare is lower than Coach fare, Coach has higher occupancy. Occupancy seems to increase with an increase in fare for Business or with a decrease in Coach fares. It makes no sense whatsoever and I'd like the creator to explain what logic they are using. Premium demand seems to be non-existent between city pairs that are near each other, even when they apparently have high Business population (LON-PAR)
3. In terms of complexity not much is new in this version. Hub and spoke demand isn't reflected. Different routes from one point to another via different hubs isn't considered. Everything is O&D which makes things boring. Similarly, having multiple aircraft types doesn't seem to increase maintenance and staff costs.
4. Aircrafts should be managed as a type, not individually. No airline has different configurations on each aircraft to suit each route they operate. The bigger problem is the inability to use an aircraft on more than one route. Each aircraft can do a certain number of flight hours in a week - so one should at least be able to assign these over various destinations, especially when starting off with low demand, brand value and funds.
5. The demand between cities is too low. It's also not representative of real world demand, so I'd suggest checking up these values (for each COS) and readjusting them. They seem to be distant dependent, but in reality LON-SYD has a huge demand, while TLV-RUH close to zero. And this means it's not possible to use aircraft like the 777 or 380. The 330s are missing.
6. There is no explanation of what ground staff, crew, marketing personnel etc do and how increasing the expenditure on them makes any difference.
7. Cargo volumes are far too low for all the hassle of acquiring three hubs, distribution channels and then expensive aircraft, only to find that demand is tiny.
The GUI is nicer than the previous version and it's nice to be able to zoom. It would be nice to see routes shown in different colors and thickness of line for the same airline just to show things like how busy the route is or how much money it is making.
2 Stars for now... Has LOTS of potential, just not quite there yet.
-- Good work on the new graphics, the game looks a lot more sleek now.
-- I like the new subsidiary/cargo business concepts--the straight up "airline" tycoon was good enough, but having a little more to manage now in v.2 is interesting and keeps my attention.
-- I like the added cities. It'd be nice if there were more, but I'm very happy with what is currenlty available.
-- I also really like the different configurations for seating. Great update.
-- Human Resource Page: Why would I invest in more ground staff, office staff, and technicians? What in the WORLD do these things do? This needs explanation which lacks in the tutorial. Also, what's a "Hire Rate." I like v.1 setup better on this page--it was much more simple and easy to understand. If I set my "hire rate" for crew members low on the scale (there isn't even a percentage associated so I have NO IDEA what's a "good" rate), am I still hiring enough people? Where's the auto-hire option? This whole Human Resource page is a confusion and a struggle to understand.
--The relief map background is hard on the eyes. I like the color schemes, but simple dots and a simple map as in v.1 would be nice. Also, please change the color of the routes--blue route lines on top of blue map background is hard to see.
--End of Quarter page: I like the format alot, but why can I not see my company status compared to the others as in v.1? It says I'm the #3 company, but who is #2?? Please add back in.
-- Passenger loading seems to be off. I would NEVER have a need for an aircraft that has more than 300 seats. Especially not 550 (B777-300ER). It's hard enough to keep routes full at 100% between places that indate there is a demand for 5000+/ week. Needs re-work on the equation used.
-- Seems a little pointless to have cargo routes, they are expensive and not profitable.
-- When another company competes for the same route, it seems the game very highly favors the AI. May as well close the route entirely.
Best game ever!!!
Charles Fish write:
This is the Best game EVER!!
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes